ASU Writing Centers offer a dynamic, supportive learning environment for currently enrolled ASU undergraduate and graduate students at any stage of the writing process. Tutors from a wide range of majors help students hone writing skills and gain confidence in their writing.
Please call (480) 965-9072 if you need help scheduling, changing, or canceling an appointment. Need to cancel your appointment? Use our how to cancel your appointment guide. Read about our appointment policies.
The Finals Tutoring Schedule will begin Sunday, December 5 and will run through Wednesday, December 8.
- Online Writing Tutoring will be available hrough Zoom:
- Sunday, December 5: 5 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Monday, December 6 & Tuesday, December: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 8: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Hours & Locations through Friday, December 3
For in-person tutoring, social distancing will be observed (6ft apart), face coverings are strongly recommended, and cleaning supplies will be provided. Students will be asked to clean before and after their tutoring sessions.
Online tutoring is provided live via Zoom, which allows you to speak directly with a tutor, share your screen with your writing assignment, and work collaboratively in a whiteboard space with the tutor. The tutor will have a camera and will use audio to communicate with you.
|Downtown: UCENT 101||Monday-Thursday: 11am-3pm, Friday: 11am-3pm||Schedule an appointment|
|Polytechnic: CNTR 160||Monday-Thursday: 11am-3pm, Friday: 11am-3pm||Schedule an appointment|
|Tempe: Noble Library 280||Monday-Thursday: 11am-3pm, Friday: 11am-3pm||Schedule an appointment|
|West: Fletcher Library, 1st Floor||Monday-Thursday: 11am-3pm, Friday: 11am-3pm||Schedule an appointment|
|Online Writing Tutoring||Monday-Thursday: 10am- 9pm, Friday: 10am- 3pm, Sunday: 5pm-9pm (All times in Arizona time)||Schedule an appointment|
|Online Graduate Writing Tutoring||Monday-Thursday: 10am- 9pm, Friday: 10am- 3pm, Sunday: 5pm-9pm (Arizona time)||Schedule an appointment|
Online tutoring is provided in Arizona time live via Zoom, which allows you to speak directly with a tutor, share your screen with your writing assignment, and work collaboratively in a whiteboard space with the tutor. The tutor will have a camera and will use audio to communicate with you.
Accessing online tutoring:
UASP online tutoring utilizes Zoom for tutoring sessions. Learn more about Using Zoom and System Requirements.
To get started with online tutoring:
- Schedule your appointment.
- Access live online writing tutoring via your confirmation email or directly through your TutorTrac dashboard.
- If you can't find an appointment, visit our drop-in queue how to guide
Please bring the following to your tutoring appointment:
- your ASU Sun Card (you will need to check in and present your ID)
- your assignment instructions
- an electronic version of your draft
Benefits of Writing Tutoring
All writers — all ASU undergraduate or graduate students — can benefit from visiting the Writing Center to:
- explore, plan, and develop ideas
- review strategies to organize and structure a paper
- discuss ways to integrate and cite sources
- engage in writing and revision
- talk about editing and proofreading strategies
- find a place to write
Interested in Becoming a Writing Tutor?
Learn more about being a writing tutor.