Tutoring Center and Writing Center Employment
In the United States, 80 percent of undergraduate students and many graduate students work while going to school. Working fifteen hours or fewer while in college has been proven to increase student success. What better place to work than for the ASU Tutoring Centers and Writing Centers, where you can reinforce your academic knowledge while working with your peers!
Academic Support Network (ASN) employs undergraduate and graduate students as desk aides, tutors, writing tutors, Supplemental Instruction (SI study group) leaders, lead tutor, and graduate writing tutors.
ASN is looking for students to work in a peer-to-peer model to serve the diverse ASU student population. Furthermore, ASN peer staff collaborate with students to develop shared learning experiences to enhance success. ASN is committed to creating welcoming spaces for learners, providing ongoing professional development to professional and student staff, and engaging in a continual examination of our policies and practices. ASU is measured not by whom it excludes but by whom it includes and ASN is committed to supporting the charter by helping all learners succeed. Furthermore, ASN collaborates with faculty members to develop shared learning experiences to enhance student success.
How to Apply for Student Staff Positions
Visit the ASU Student Employment website and follow the steps below to apply for tutor, SI leader, and desk aide positions. Please check back frequently to see when positions are posted.
- Click on Search for Student Jobs.
- At the Student Employment Job Search page, click the Search On-Campus Jobs button.
- Type in the requisition number or click the search button to find the desired position.
- Please note that, even if the initial close date has passed, you can still submit your materials. Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling deadline until all positions are filled.
To assist in your search, requisition numbers are listed below. You can search for these specific positions using the requisition number.
Tips for Applying
Here are a few helpful tips to consider as you are applying for positions with ASN:
- Read the entire job description, desired qualification, and instructions for applying (which are near the bottom).
- If you are new to writing a cover letter, or have never had a job before, consider answering these questions as a part of what you write:
- How will working this job benefit you as as student?
- What skills would you bring, if hired, to this position?
- What do you hope to learn in this position?
- ASU Career and Professional Development Services has many helpful resources on resumes, application materials, and interviewing tips on their website.
Applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted via phone or email. Disregard the close date listed as hiring will continue past the close date until positions are filled.
*All positions are Federal Work Study eligible. Only desk aide applicants must have Federal Work Study to be hired. Applicants do not have to be Work Study eligible to apply for tutoring and supplemental instruction positions.
Below are the open positions for Spring 2024!