Thank you for your interest in the 2019 Tempe Dissertation Writing Camp facilitated by the Writing Centers in University Academic Success Programs at Arizona State University.
ASU Writing Centers will facilitate the in-person Dissertation Writing Camp from 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. during June 17-21, 2019 at the Tempe campus for ASU doctoral students writing their prospectus or for doctoral candidates. The camp is limited to 60 seats, and a $50 program fee is required. A limited number of scholarships have been provided by the Graduate & Professional Student Association (GPSA). Students who register will be notified if their fee can be covered by the scholarship.
Who Is Eligible?
The Tempe Dissertation Writing Camp is available to ASU doctoral students who are working on writing their prospectus for defense or who have reached candidacy in an ASU doctoral program, either online or campus-based, prior to the start of camp. Candidacy typically includes successful completion of any required comprehensive examinations, a foreign language exam (if required), and successful defense of the dissertation prospectus (if required). Participants who register for the camp are expected to attend all camp days and participate in completing work on their dissertation.
What Happens During the Camp?
The camp provides participants:
- Dedicated time and space to write
- Opportunities to interact with peers to discuss writing-in-progress
- Optional workshops on topics related to the dissertation writing process
- Opportunities to have writing reviewed by a writing center staff member
- Electronic resources to aid in writing and revision
How Do I Register?
1. Complete each of the fields below and click Submit.
2. If my fee is not covered by a scholarship, I agree to pay the non-refundable $50 program fee. Therefore, I acknowledge that, by registering online for the Success in Graduate Writing Camp, the program fee will automatically be charged to my ASU student account and that this fee is not refundable even if I cancel my camp registration. I understand that I am responsible for reviewing my ASU student account for the due date and for making payments through one of the ASU payment options.
Once you submit this registration form, an email will be sent to your ASU email address to confirm receipt of your registration form.