Academic Skills Tutors
UASP academic skills tutors are ASU students who can help you stay on track, improve academic skills and address any concerns you may have in your courses. The peer-to-peer interaction and mentorship create a comfortable, encouraging atmosphere for students seeking assistance in developing good study habits. Students meeting with the academic skills tutors will work in a collaborative environment with other students in similar courses. As necessary, the academic skills tutors can assist with note-taking and how to gain good reading strategies for college.
If you are interested in talking to someone about academic skills, contact Sarah Bennett.
During academic skills tutoring visits, you can:
- increase your knowledge of campus resources
- gain advice and support from a fellow student
- develop communication skills to work with your professors and academic advisor
- strengthen your time management and study skills
- work on setting academic goals and measure your progress
Academic Skills Videos
If you are more comfortable learning about academic skills on your own, the UASP staff have recorded videos on a variety of topics. You will need an ASU Zoom account in order to watch them. In some cases, the videos were recorded in front of a live-streaming audience.
UASP staff are available to present information to groups on a variety of topics related to academic success. Some workshops have been recorded for anyone with an ASU Zoom account to watch. Common presentation topics include:
- calculating your GPA
- email etiquette
- preparing for exams
- understanding your syllabus
- study skills
- critical reading and note taking
- using Canvas and My ASU
- test preparation and test-taking skills
- time management
- use your campus resources
Please contact Sarah Bennett at 480-727-1457 or email@example.com with any questions.