Thank you for your interest in the 2019 Online Dissertation Writing Camp facilitated by the Writing Centers in University Academic Success Programs at Arizona State University.
The Online Dissertation Writing Camp consists of structured activities and interactions from 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Arizona time) during June 3 – 7, 2019 for ASU doctoral students writing their prospectus or for doctoral candidates. The camp is limited to 30 seats, and a $50 program fee is required. A limited number of scholarships have been provided by the Graduate & Professional Student Association (GPSA), and you will be notified if your fee can be covered by a scholarship.
Please be aware that the daily times of the online camp are in Arizona time. If you reside outside of the state of Arizona, make sure you will be able to connect via the internet during a majority of the time range of the weeklong camp.
To be able to successfully attend the online camp, you will need:
- Access to a reliable computer/laptop with Update Adobe Flash player installed
- Dedicated time and space to work on your prospectus or dissertation
- Access to a reliable internet connection
- Use of the preferred internet browsers of Google Chrome and/or Mozilla Firefox
- Ability to save documents as PDFs
Who Is Eligible for the Camp?
The Online Dissertation Writing Camp is available to ASU doctoral students who are working on writing their prospectus for defense or who have reached candidacy in an ASU doctoral program, either online or campus-based, prior to the start of camp. Candidacy typically includes successful completion of any required comprehensive examinations, a foreign language exam (if required), and successful defense of the dissertation prospectus (if required). Participants who register for the camp are expected to attend all camp days and participate in completing work on their dissertation or prospectus.
What Happens During the Camp?
The camp provides participants:
- Dedicated time and support to write
- Opportunities to interact with peers to discuss writing-in-progress
- Optional workshops on topics related to the dissertation writing process
- Opportunities to have writing reviewed by a writing center staff member
- Electronic resources to aid in writing and revision
How Do I Register?
- The registration form is calibrated to only grant access to ASU students, faculty, and staff. Make sure you are logged in to your ASU.EDU gmail account.
- Registration for the Online Dissertation Writing Camp is now closed. The camp begins Monday, June 3. For any questions, please contact Jessica.J.Jones@asu.edu.
If my fee is not covered by a scholarship, I agree to pay the non-refundable $50 program fee. I acknowledge that, by registering for the Online Dissertation Writing Camp, the program fee will automatically be charged to my ASU student account and that this fee is not refundable even if I cancel my camp registration. I understand that I am responsible for reviewing my ASU student account for the due date and for making payments through one of the ASU payment options.