Graduate Writing Tutoring
ASU Writing Centers offer a dynamic, supportive learning environment for graduate students who are currently enrolled in 500, 600, or 700 level courses. Tutors from a wide range of degree programs can meet with currently enrolled ASU graduate students to discuss their writing at any stage of the writing process. Online graduate writing tutoring is available live via Zoom for graduate students who are currently enrolled in 500, 600, or 700 level courses.
Currently enrolled ASU graduate students can schedule a 50-minute appointment online live via Zoom in the Graduate Writing Center (Online). They can also schedule two back-to-back 25-minute appointments in the Writing Center (Online). Writing tutoring for drop-ins is limited and is subject to tutor availability.
Hours & Location
Hours: Monday- Friday 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m
Scheduling an Appointment
It is recommended that you schedule appointments at least one week in advance. Remember, graduate students can schedule writing appointments both in the Graduate Writing Center (Online) and in the Writing Center (Online).
- Log in using your ASURITE User ID.
- For the Graduate Writing Center, select "Graduate Writing Center (Online)." For the Writing Center, select "Writing Center (Online)." You can schedule back-to-back (a total of two 25-minute appointments) in the Writing Center (Online) for a total of 50 minutes.
- Choose an appointment time that fits your schedule.
- Appointments are offered in Arizona time. Find out what time it is in Arizona.
A confirmation email will be sent to your ASU email address with detailed instructions, including the URL address of the tutoring room in Zoom.
Please call (480) 965-9072 if you need help scheduling, changing, or canceling your appointment. Learn more about Using Zoom and System Requirements.
How to Access the Drop-in Queue
For students who are unable to find an available appointment, we offer a drop-in option. Drop-in sessions are not guaranteed and are subject to availability. Drop-ins are limited to a maximum timeframe of 30 minutes depending on availability. To learn more about how to access the drop-in queue and its policies, please see our how-to guide.
Please bring the following to your tutoring appointment:
- your ASU Sun Card (you will need to check in and present your ID)
- your assignment instructions
- an electronic version of your draft
Benefits of Graduate Writing Tutoring
ASU graduate students can work with graduate writing tutors at any stage of the writing process to discuss writing projects. Graduate students can make an online appointment to meet live via Zoom with a tutor to:
- Develop or discuss an outline of ideas.
- Discuss ways to integrate evidence and sources.
- Consider ways to organize and revise ideas.
- Review proper citation of sources.
Interested in becoming a graduate writing tutor?
Learn more about being a graduate writing tutor.