"I feel as though working as a tutor has made me responsible in some small part for the academic success of the overall ASU community. Through my work, I feel I am making a difference in students' experiences, which has also created a sense of responsibility I did not previously have."
"I am able to interact with individuals from social and academic groups I would never otherwise meet. Additionally, the collaborative nature of the tutoring center has introduced me to some of my closest friends and created a place where academic, social, and professional support exist simultaneously."
"I like working for UASP because my coworkers are so warm and willing to share their knowledge, that it feels like we are a team working to better our campus."
Tutoring Center and Writing Center Employment
In the United States, 80 percent of undergraduate students and many graduate students work while going to school. Working fifteen hours or fewer while in college has been proven to increase student success. What better place to work than for the ASU Tutoring Centers and Writing Centers, where you can reinforce your academic knowledge while working with your peers.
University Academic Success Programs (UASP) employs undergraduate and graduate students as desk aides, tutors, writing tutors, supplemental instruction (SI study group) leaders, online tutors, graduate writing tutors, and graduate statistics tutors.
UASP is looking for students to work in a peer to peer model to serve the diverse ASU student population. Furthermore, UASP peer staff collaborates with students to develop shared learning experiences to enhance success. UASP is committed to advancing social justice by creating inclusive spaces for learners, providing ongoing professional development to professional and student staff, and engaging in a continual examination of our policies and practices. ASU is measured not by whom it excludes but by whom it includes and UASP is committed to supporting the charter by helping all learners succeed. Furthermore, UASP collaborates with faculty members to develop shared learning experiences to enhance student success.
How to Apply for Student Staff Positions
Visit the ASU Student Employment website and follow the steps below to apply for tutor, SI leader, and desk aide positions. Please check back frequently to see when positions are posted.
- Click on Search for Student Jobs.
- At the Student Employment Job Search page, click the Search On-Campus Jobs button.
- Type in the requisition number or click the search button to find the desired position.
- Please note that, even if the initial close date has passed, you can still submit your materials. Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling deadline until all positions are filled.
To assist in your search, requisition numbers are listed below. You can search for these specific positions using the requisition number.
Tips for Applying
Here are a few helpful tips to consider as you are applying for positions with UASP:
- Read the entire job description, desired qualification, and instructions for applying (which are near the bottom).
- If you are new to writing a cover letter, or have never had a job before, consider answering these questions as a part of what you write:
- How will working this job benefit you as as student?
- What skills would you bring, if hired, to this position?
- What do you hope to learn in this position?
- Did you miss the UASP Hiring Q&A hiring event? You can watch the recording where we outlined the various positons within our department and provide more tips on applying.
- ASU Career and Professional Development Services has many helpful resources on resumes, application materials, and interviewing tips on their website.
Applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted via phone or email. Disregard the close date listed as hiring will continue past the close date until positions are filled.
*All positions are Federal Work Study eligible. Only desk aide applicants must have Federal Work Study to be hired (Federal Work Study required). Applicants do not have to be Work Study eligible to apply for tutoring and supplemental instruction positions.
|Position||Requisition Number||Campus Location||Position Status|
|Chatbot Tutor||72178||All||Acceptng Applications|
|Writing Tutor||Tempe||Not Accepting Applications|
|Lead Tutor||73888||Tempe||Accepting Applications|
|Desk Aide*||73292||Tempe||Accepting Applications|
|Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leader||72628||Tempe||Accepting Applications|
|Online Graduate Writing Tutor||72267||Online||Accepting Applications|
|Online Graduate Statistics Tutor||70905||Online||Accepting Applications|
|Marketing Design Aide||Tempe||Not Accepting Applications|
|YouTube Graphic Designer||69202||Tempe||Accepting Applications|
|Scriptwriter||Tempe||Not Accepting Applications|
|Video Editor||Tempe||Not Accepting Applications|
|Tutor||71484||Downtown Phoenix||Accepting Applications|
|Writing Tutor||73721||Downtown Phoenix||Accepting Applications|
|Desk Aide*||73289||Downtown Phoenix||Accepting Applications|
|Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leader||West||Not Accepting Applications|
|Writing Tutor||73722||West||Accepting Applications|
|Desk Aide*||73370||West||Accepting Applications|
|Desk Aide*||73716||Polytechnic||Accepting Applications|
|Writing Tutor||73719||Polytechnic||Accepting Applications|
|Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leader||71776||Polytechnic||Accepting Applications|
Contact Jessica Jones at Jessica.J.Jones@asu.edu